Construction Handover Inspections Newcastle & Lake Macquarie
When you’re about to pay a hefty sum for a new build, you deserve quality workmanship.
A construction handover inspection can be carried out on any new build with a determined defects liability period stated in the contract. As an independent party, our building inspection ensures your new property or renovation meets the top standards of a licensed builder. This external and internal property inspection will identify any defects and/or incomplete finishes, so you can be certain your builder has completed the work properly before you pay the bill.
We take the time to thoroughly examine a wide range of potential issues, from significant building features like roof structure and insulation installation, to more aesthetic finishes such as paintwork and door fittings.
An end of build inspection could reveal numerous defects, including:
- Brickwork/coating finishes
- Surface drainage
- Roof finishes e.g. tile or metal sheeting, falls in guttering and defective flashings
- Balcony and waterproofing
- Falls to perimeter paths and driveways
- Retaining walls
- Interior wall/ceiling/tiling finishes
- Door and window serviceability
- Correct falls in wet area floor tiling
- Insulation installation
- Connection of Rangehood ducting
- Sub-floor condition and correct termite management installation
We’ll invite you to join us onsite after the inspection, so we can show you the quality of your new construction first-hand. We’ll explain our findings in both a verbal and written report that highlights any errors, imperfections and omissions. This AS 4349.1 2007 standard report is easy to comprehend and can be passed on to your builder so remedial work can be carried out before the billing takes place.