Building Inspections Newcastle & Lake Macquarie
We inspect all properties, from old domestic dwellings to brand new commercial spaces, assessing their structural conditions and quality of finishings.
The purpose of this building inspection is to detect any defects and damage to the property, so that you are aware of the remedial work that should be carried out by a professional tradesman. Our certified building inspector will give you expert advice on the potential impact of any faults, how much they may cost to fix, and exactly what types of repair would be most effective. We can also provide a professional second opinion if you wish to make an insurance claim e.g. storm damage.
Our building inspector promises to thoroughly inspect all accessible areas of your property. This hands-on, in-depth inspection includes checking for the following issues and more:
- Cracking to building elements, brickwork, slabs, driveways and cladding
- Unstable retainer walls
- Poor building settlement e.g. general cracking, corroded lintels, and driveway or path movement
- Drainage issues e.g. water pooling in the sub-floor area or against the building structure, rising damp and transferred damp
- Poor roof conditions e.g. broken tiles, corroded roof sheets, defective roof flashings, decaying roof cavities, and faulty box gutters
- Cracking to interior linings e.g. ceiling sagging
- Water escape from wet areas, defective waterproofing and resultant damage
- Incorrect fall to floor wastes
- Water ingress via balconies over living areas
We strongly recommend carrying out a pest inspection along with the building inspection, as these assessments tend to go hand in hand when determining whether a property is safe and structurally sound.